Monday, September 28, 2009

Handmade Expo











Saturday found Denim by Deborah at The Handmade Expo at the Ipswich Turf Club. The day started with the best news that I was going to be neighbours with the gals from Cute as Buttons.

My 7 year old daughter Lily wanted to come and be my shop keeper for the day so I suggested her having her own things to sell and she decided on Chocolate Truffle Balls, something I grew up making as a child her age. 4 for $2.00. It was gorgeous to watch her ask customers if they would like her chocolate balls, thank you to the stall holders who purchased them and just made her little face light up!!

I was very priviledged to have Miriam, Liesa and Micky organisers of The Handmade Expo purchase a Denim by Deborah Handbag. I hope you ladies enjoy being Denimised! and enjoy wearing them as much as I enjoyed creating them. Lisa and Sharon from Cute as Buttons also are Denimised, they could not resist after having to look at them all day!!

Leanne Churchward, my sister in law, from Cuddle Kids started her Ipswich campaign at this Handmade Expo. Leanne makes beautiful little characters in the form of pillows for our little ones to be comforted by and sleep with. Made from assorted pillowcases with their own head, arms and legs, even hair! Of course my children have one each and can be seen watching TV at the end of the day with arms around their Cuddle Kids.

It was lovely to catch up with Ipswich clients that I met back in March and also put some faces to people who have purchased on www.madeit.com.au so thank you for coming and saying hello.

Time to open up my sweat shop and start creating for the my next market - Boutique Markets at Portside Hamilton on the 11th Oct. To all my fellow mums out there, enjoy the no morning routine and school run for another week of school hols, and of course being surrounded by our cherubs!!

3 comments:

  1. It was so nice to have you at our Handmade Expo again and I finally got to choose my own bit of denim lovliness!
    The chocolate truffles were so yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deb,

    It was sooooo great to have you back at The Handmade Expo and I am loving my new bag... and so is my sister-in-law... I will send her your way for sure. Hope to see you at The Handmade Expo again REALLY SOON!

    Micky
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb
    so super excited that you were apart of our September market. We loved having you there and we are so glad that you had a great day.
    When someone says to us...where do you get your bag, we say "oh, our Deb Mahr Bag, we got it from The Handmade Expo"......Thank you for bringing the little bit of naughty and the little bit of nice into our lives.
    kisses
    Liesa

    ReplyDelete